Are you a beginner yogi? Practice this discipline easily with these tips for choosing the right kind of yoga clothes.
In order to meet their physical activity needs, more and more Canadians are turning to yoga, an inexpensive discipline that offers benefits for both body and mind. If you want to join the movement, it would be a good idea to get the right clothes; there is a huge selection to get activewear for yoga in store for every taste and budget.
Breathe better with the right materials
Since the primary purpose of yoga clothing is to provide comfort and ease of movement, the materials used in the manufacture of these items are important to consider when purchasing.
- Fabrics such as elastane (also known as spandex or Lycra) and organic cotton are safe, because in addition to adapting to your movements, they breathe well and absorb perspiration without sticking to the body.
The yoga pants
As for the best yoga pants, there are two camps: some prefer ample, and others swear by the fitted pants. However, these two types of pants have their advantages and disadvantages, so make your choice according to your personal preferences.
- Note that the tighter pants have the advantage of allowing you to better check your posture, while the loose pants can allow greater freedom of movement.
- A rule of thumb, though: never buy pants that are tight at the bottom of the belly. In addition to restricting your movements, it could actually hinder your blood circulation when you hold the pose.
When it comes to yoga camisoles and t-shirts, you have to follow the same basic rules as for pants.
- However, a very wide sweater is not recommended, because in case of perspiration it will stick to your skin – quite unpleasant!
- Bet on a piece that is close to the body, still loosely.
Making the right choice of yoga clothes also includes what is under them .
- Choose a bra without armature so as not to be embarrassed in your movements.
- Most sports bras will do just fine, as will yoga camisoles with built-in bras.
- The important thing is to choose a model that suits your morphology.
Where to buy yoga clothes?
In recent years, specialized yoga clothing stores have been growing in order to meet the growing demand of consumers – let’s bet that you know some of them.
- The staff who work there normally has a good knowledge of the products and will be able to advise you; very useful if you are hesitant.
- The department stores also offer a fairly complete selection of yoga clothes like Getactivewear.com.au
So, no matter your favorite shopping destination, you should be able to find the perfect package to greet the sun in comfort. Inhale, exhale, and feel the well-being of good yoga clothes!