The Ministry of Labor has issued a decree to stop forcing companies without risk activities to perform medical examinations in their recruitment processes. But Denver DOT physical exams give you 5 reasons to worry about if they are working for you.
Thanks to a supreme decree issued by the Ministry of Labor, which modifies the regulations of Law 29783, with the aim of clarifying the regulations regarding the obligation to perform the medical examination of new workers in a company. It is left without effect the obligation to request the medical examination of new workers, except in the case of companies that carry out risk activities, such as mining or construction.
In the case of companies that do not carry out risk activities, the examination will be carried out once the worker has completed his first two years in his new workplace. In a staggered manner, every two years a new test will be carried out. Therefore, in no case, the cost of the examination will be assumed by the worker.
That is to say, you will save yourself a bureaucratic process every time you hire new person, but you will have to assume the cost of the medical examination every two years to your workers who are already working within your company. The rule also adds that workers or employers may request, at the end of the employment relationship, the completion of an exit occupational medical examination, so you must also cover this cost. In case you request it as an employer, the worker will be free to submit to such an examination or not. But, why is it important that you worry about the health of your workers?
Benefits of occupational medical examinations
1. Identify hazards and evaluate risks directly related to the health of workers by occupational group.
2. Contribute to the company to avoid legal problems, labor and for the benefit of the health of the worker from an adequate planning of medical profiles.
3. Identify cases in their initial stage that generate disability to employees during the performance of their work and anticipate future illnesses or ailments.
4. Contribute to the maximization of worker productivity through a physical recovery program for people with anatomical and / or functional alterations.
5. Demonstrate a genuine concern for the worker and their physical and emotional state, understanding their well-being as the basis of good productivity at work. This generates loyalty to the company and a better work climate.
You already know, now the exams that do matter are those that are done at work, and not those that were done at the beginning. In this way you will know how your staff is in health, so that they are good for the growth of your business.