Let me first start with the meaning of hair loss and its causes.
Hair loss refers to losing hairs from your head or from your whole bodyand it can be caused because of some of the reasons that you should know.
- Smoking– Smoking can cause hair fallouts in men mainly those who have the hereditary proneness to hair falls. Cigarette contains harmful toxins which restrict the entry of bloodstream that carries oxygen, vital nutrients & vitamins to the vital cells, body organs and even hair follicles to maintain the daily functions of your body. But with the lack of nutrients and vitamins, the hair follicles go to a resting stage where they stop producing new hair strands and gradually they die off.
So, if you smoke and facing mild hair loss then the doctor will advise you to quit smoking.
- Diabetes:In diabetes hair loss happens because of high sugar levels carried in your bloodstream. High sugar level is mainly because of lack of supply of insulin to your body or even in some cases when your metabolism is not functioning properly and distributing high sugar levels in your bloodstream. This prevents the bloodstream to deliver an adequate amount of vitamins & proteins to the body organs, including hair follicles and hair loss due to diabetes is not restricted to head but to the whole body.
- Lack of dihydrotestosterone (DHT): It is a type of testosterone which is responsible for providing male characteristics in the human body like developing male genitals, body hair, deep voice and lacking this testosterone can lead to hair loss.
- Stress: Yes, hair loss is associated with stress and there are types of hair loss which occurs due to stress.
- Telogen effluvium: In this, stress leads to hair follicles go into resting stage and these hairs will gradually fall while combing or washing.
- Trichotillomania: It’s an urge or compulsion to pull out one’s own hairs from the scalp.
- Alopecia areata: Under significant stress, your immune system attacks your hair follicles which leads to loss of hairs on your scalp.
Now, let me tell you how to overcome it.
There are many home remedies which you can opt for like hair oil massage, fenugreek seeds, onion pulp, aloe vera but these remedies take time to show their results and in excessive baldness, the success rate even gets reduced.
Therefore, to get rid of this problem quickly you can opt for hair transplant in which hair follicles from the donor area are taken and planted it to the bald or uncovered area.
There are many countries in the world that provide this kind of treatment like India, USA, UK, Turkey, Dubai but many people opt for India specially to get the hair transplant in Bangalore because of availability of qualified doctors using highly advanced technology and at a reasonable price.
Furthermore, the success rate of hair treatment in Bangalore is high i.e 95-98%.
Now, let me give you a brief of the cost you need to pay for hair transplant. Probably, you don’t have the knowledge about the factors that drive the cost of the treatment.
Mainly there are three factors on which the cost depends, and it includes
- The level of baldness as high baldness means a high number of hair follicles to be transplanted which increases your cost.
- The type of treatment you are opting for like in FUT the whole strip is taken from bald area and after dividing it into grafts it is planted, in FUE the hair follicles are extracted manually and not the whole strip and then it is planted, in Robotic surgery a robotic limb extracts the hair follicles and then plant it to the bald area.
Hence, for FUT you need to pay the lesser amount as compared to the other two and for Robotic surgery, you need to pay the higher amount as compared to the other two.
- The clinic you are opting for: There are many clinics which provide you with world-class technology and highly experienced doctors, so their charges are somewhat on the higher side when compared with the other clinics’ cost.
After discussing the cost related factors, let’s talk about the cost figures or the money you need to pay to overcome this problem.
If we talk about India the hair transplant cost in Bangalore for FUT is Rs.25-40/graft, for FUE it is 30-45/graft, and for robotic surgery, it is 100-120/graft which is less than any other big countries of the world.
So, a person who needs 1000 grafts to be planted he has to pay around Rs. 30,000 for FUT, Rs. 35,000 for FUE, Rs. 1,00,000 for Robotic surgery.
You might be thinking about any side effects of hair transplant.
Let me tell you there is no permanent side effect of it, but you might face some temporary issues which can be overcome.
- Itching: This is the most common issue that most of the people have to deal with after the treatment and to reduce it you need to wash and massage your hairs with hair oil.
- Swelling: You might face a situation where your forehead or your eyes get swollen but don’t worry it will get normal in somedays.
- Numb: you might not be able to feel the donor region for weeks.
- Bleeding: Bleeding generally occurs in the donor area because of putting pressure on that region but it is only temporary, and it lasts normally for about two weeks, howeverif it doesn’t stop you should consult a doctor.
- Scar: You might get a thin linear scar on the donor region in case you have opted for FUT while many small dot-shaped scars in case you have opted for FUE though it is less visible.
- Pain: Minimal pain you might feel that is normally bearable even without having pain relief medicines but at times if the pain increases you can eat medicine that is being prescribed by the doctor.
If you want to know more about hair transplant, Click here.